April 28, 2021 - The Asia Foundation, in collaboration with the KDI School of Public Policy and Management, hosted a report launch event titled “North Korean Refugee Entrepreneurs in South Korea: Unveiling Korea’s Hidden Potential” on April 28, 2021, 16:00 to 18:00 (KST).
After a report overview presented by Korea Country Representative Kwang Kim, the Forum convened North Korean refugee experts across academia, NGOs, and the legal and public sectors. They discussed insights on North Korean refugee entrepreneurs and offered policy recommendations to bolster social inclusion, in order to support refugee entrepreneurs in Korea.
Below is the list of speakers invited to the Forum:
Jong-il You, Dean, KDI School of Public Policy and Management
Andrei Lankov, Professor, Kookmin University
Kwang Kim, Country Representative, The Asia Foundation Korea
Chang Young Choi, Professor, KDI School of Public Policy and Management
Panel (in alphabetical order)
- Byung Yeon Kim, Professor, Seoul National University
- Boo Yuel Kim, Member of the Board, People & Peace Link (PPL) / Associate Professor, Seoul National University
- Daehyun Park, CEO, Woorion
- Wook Yoo, Attorney, Bae & Kim, Lee (BKL)
- Byung-Gil Jeon, Secretary-General, UniKorea Foundation
- Tae Hyung Cho, Head & Deputy Director of North Economy Team, Bank of Korea
You can access the “North Korean Refugee Entrepreneurs in South Korea: Unveiling Korea’s Hidden Potential” Report here.